WHAT IS A FREE ZONE?
A free zone is a part of the territory of the Republic of Croatia where business activities are performed under special and fixed conditions.
Free zone business activities include: production of goods, refinement of goods, storage of goods, wholesale, startegic business support activities, activities of the establishment of technological development centers of innovation, provision of services except banking and other financial operations, personal and estate insurance and reinsurance.
Retail trade shall not be carried out in the free zone.
Goods which are admitted into a free zone must meet conditions that were laid down in Croatia regarding health, veterinary or plant protection validity.
GROW YOUR BUSINESS
INVEST IN FREE ZONES IN CROATIA
Your business opportunity lies with the Free Zones in Croatia
…if you are interested in export manufacturing projects, internationally value-added trading/service activities or R&D intensive operations you can choose from among 13 Free Zone locations in Croatia, ranging from sea port-based located at Pula, Rijeka, Split and Ploče and other strategically located zones in Krapina-Zagorje, Kukuljanovo, Osijek, Ribnik, Slavonski Brod, Split-Dalmacija, Varaždin, Vukovar and Zagreb.
Because of the availability of a skilled and productive workforce, modern infrastructure and an excellent geographical location that offers a market of 500 million consumers, a number of international companies from Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France have already established their operations in the Free Zones in Croatia. Their activities range from ICT, software development, medical devices, innovative CNC tehnologies and machinery to traditional manufacturing which include automotive components, textiles, engineering and boatbuilding.
|Croatia at a Glance|
|Currency||Croatian Kuna (HRK)|
|Political System||Parlamentary democracy|
|Time Zone||Central European Time (CET)|
|Climate||Continental and Mediterranean|
|International Status||WTO, CEFTA and NATO member, EU candidate|
Source: Republika Hrvatska – Državni zavod za statistiku, 2007.
Proactive and client oriented “Free Zones” management
…take ‘the one stop shop’ approach and offer the following services:
- Assistance with the establishment of your new enterprise and/or joint-venture
- Obtaining necessary licenses from local and national authorities
- Registration and handling of goods
- Customs clearance, shipment and forwarding
- Property solutions
- Linking with indigeneous businesses and existing investors
- Networking local and national governement, institutions, universities, utility companies and business service providers
Why invest in the Free Zones in Croatia?
- Easy access to skilled, educated, innovative, productive and multilingual workforce to serve your needs
- Good linkages with local and national educational institutions
- Advanced ICT infrastructure
- Modern transport infrastructure with excellent connectivity
- Long tradition in industry production and good base of indigeneous businesses to cluster in manufacturing and international services
- Partnership approach and strong support from the Croatian Government
- Safe business environment
- High quality of life
More reasons to invest
- Simplifi ed customs procedures
- Modern business zones easily adjusted to specifi c needs for production and distribution of goods and services
- Advanced and serviced infrastructure within the Zones
- Utilities at competitive prices
- Project based incentive packages, tax and customs benefits
- Excellent sea, road, rail and air connections with Europe and the rest of the world